FOX NEWS — A former contractor at the U.S. Army’s Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, base who sued the military over alleged mold and water damage claims a $3.5 million settlement has been reached.
Army announced Tuesday that it had reached a settlement with contractor Haskins Contracting Co., which had previously settled with the military for $3,000 per square foot.
The company had said in January that it would pay $2 million.
A former employee of Haskens told Fox News in February that the company had a “crappy” office and a “shabby” floor.
The former employee, who did not want to be identified, said Haskans employees were not allowed to work on the base and were “pushed to work at night.”
He also said Haseys contractors “were not given proper breaks.”
He alleged that a subcontractor who had worked on the project for the last six months was also not allowed access to the facility.
The employee said Hazeys employees were allowed to be present at the site, but that workers were not permitted to go inside the building, which is the facility’s base headquarters.
The employees said the facility has been contaminated by mold since it opened in 2006.
Hazey’s company has a history of mold complaints, which the military has investigated.
The base had faced serious mold issues in the past.
In 2015, it was the site of a massive outbreak of mold, with more than 5,000 cases.
In 2014, a similar outbreak occurred at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
That outbreak was traced to the base’s aging barracks.
In 2016, the U,S.
military acknowledged the problems, but it blamed mold.
Haskings was not the only contractor to face problems with mold.
In January, the Army said it would spend $500 million to clean up mold and soil in a former barracks in Florida.